|The Old Jewish Synagogue after its completion|
- The property may not be sold, ceded or assigned to anyone, but is to be used exclusively for Synagogue purposes in perpetuity;
- That no mortgages, charges or other encumbrances be put on , applied to or laid upon the property under any circumstances;
- That the house on the property be used solely as the residence of the Minister of the Congregation or alternatively by some official of the Synagogue.
|Inside the synagogue|
The old synagogue becomes the new Pretoria Supreme Court
|The synagogue with its cream paint finish and |
window above the front door removed
- Painting the facades and brick work in cream colour.
- The removal and bricking up of the stained glass.
- The removal and replacement of all the timber top hung window on both the northern and southern facades.
- The alteration of the altar stage into judge benches.
- The addition of judge chambers, toilet and ante rooms on the eastern side of the synagogue.
- The keying and plastering of the original sandstone plinth which was deteriorated.
- Application of acoustic board to a large percentage of the internal walls.
- The addition of separate structures outside the main synagogue.
|Nelson Mandela, Aziz Pahadand Winnie Mandela |
outside the Old Synagogue